Sunday, January 18, 2015

PRACTICE BLOG

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What does an educator do in his or
her practice? What are my passions?
1.
I. Who am I
A. Tyeshay Biggs
1. Optimistic/postive
2. Hard-working
3. Determined

II. Why do I want to be an educator?
A. To help people succeed.
B. To inspire others


III. What does an educator do in his or her practice?
A. Find ways to help others learn
B. Help/support the success of others
C. Mentor
D. Study new information

IV. What are my passions
A. Mentor the youth, keeping them out of trouble

2. Hello my fellow classmates! My name is Tyeshay (Ty-e-shay) Biggs and I am a junior here at USA, majoring in elementary education. I love to teach, instruct and advise; help anyone in need; and most importantly, I LOVE PEOPLE, especially the kids. I am 23 years old and I have been born and raised here in Mobile, AL. I once lived in Cleveland, Ohio at the age of two and spent the rest of my life in Mobile. I have not lived many places but I have traveled to many places (like Mexico and Canada). I love to travel and site-see (I'm always down for a road trip)!
I have a total of 1 sister and 4 brothers (I love them all)! I am the baby and proud of it. Anyway, I graduated high school from W.P. Davidson and I was number 9 of my class with a 4.3 GPA.... I'm proud of that too! I ended up at south because it was close to home and they had the best offer as far as pursuing an education. My major interest, besides being a teacher, is mentoring teenage girls and becoming a motivational speaker.

3. I want to enter the field of education because I am people person and I love children. I like to teach and help others understand different concepts and ideas. I like to guide and mentor so I think that being a teacher is great way to do the things that I love.

4. The work of an educator entails studying and being up-to-date on new information. It is important to know about technology and other new products, especially if your students use them. If you are up-to-date then their is a possibility of facilitating your lesson plans and helping your students understand the material better.
The work of an educator entails maintaining a positive attitude. Maintaining a positive attitude helps you deal with the stress that you may experience at school while teaching and it helps you show your students how to be positive through their day at school (you are also a mentor when you are an educator).

5. This picture demonstrates my passion. I want to work with children more than anything and I want to become a better teacher.
rossieronline.usc.edu

6. Another interesting fact about me is that I like to write poems, music and stories and i would love to use my gift of writing to teach my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment